All submittals are presented to fulfill the General Conditions of Contracts in Division 1 under Submittal Procedures often amended under the terms of B & C’s proposal referred in 1.01 A herein also associated B & C correspondence and 1.02 item “B“. Once submissions are returned by the Contractor, Owner, Architect, Owners Representative with no indication or requirements for B & C to re-submit, or with notations that no exceptions is taken, no re-submission required, drawings approved, correct as noted, accepted -or any other such comment implying acceptance, B & C will interpret the act of returning said drawings without “rejection”, as “prima fascia evidence of “acceptance as proposed and notated or illustrated therein constituting authorization or approval to fabricate and proceed as B & C Awnings, Inc’s.“ definitive” scope of work. In consequence B & C Awnings Inc.will proceed (conditional upon progress payments being received) with ordering materials and fabrication based on the aforesaid agreement at which time contracts will be formerly exchanged and the statement “Approved Shop Drawings, Submittals & Warranty forms part of this contract being definitive of B & C’s scope of work” added when omitted from any proposed contract, will be entered by B & C.
4-. Instrument of Change- Other than formal change orders hen” When “ Architects or Owners comments, notes or others remarks” appear as a notation on returned B & C shop drawings and indicate change, directive or clarification and B & C do not request “additional money” for the changes, then the approved B & C shop drawing and submissions become” the instrument of change” and supersede original plans or specifications or the need for any written change order which otherwise the general contractor would usually submit under the terms of the contract
B. Product Data: The contents of all these submittals herein constitute complete “Product Data” for the specified units including detailed specifications, materials applied and the manner of fabrication together with installation and maintenance instructions from the manufacturer B & C and installation company namely B & C Awnings Inc.
C. Shop Drawings: Shop drawings show layout, profiles and product components, including anchorage, accessories, finish colors, patterns and textures (where selected).
1.Includes in addition to information necessary for fabrication and installation of Steel Framed Units with 22 Gauge Verco Panel HSB -36 as indicated the material content, sizes, thickness, fastenings welds(when applicable) and profiles.
2.Upon receipt from the Buyer of a change order and an actual “Paint Chip” for B & C to match to following which B & C will , Generate two samples Chips of the Color Selected applied to specified material without which procedure finishes, will be as provided as stated without redress an be simply as Standard Color Powder Coat
D. Quality Assurance & Warranty Content At the end of Section 3, attached is found B & C’s Warranty Submission which contains the following:
1. Warranty Review– B & C Provides a “conditional” written warranty (4.00) to owner that all the products will be free of defective materials or workmanship for a period of one year from date of installation The warranty does not guarantee that B & C Shade Devices or products grant weather protection from drips, rain or moisture or water penetration vertically or horizontally in the units or through wall penetrations. The General Contractor is responsible to have the units and penetrations professionally sealed following installation to the owners approved standards. In the case of iron based materials B & C offer no Warranty against wall stains from product internal corrosion, leakage or water laden rust run off. Regarding the material content and finishes supplied by B & C provided by others the performance of these is excluded from B & C’s warranty and reference should be made to those individual provider warranties or extended warranties secured..
2. Performance requirements – B & C provide assurances that the units have been manufactured, fabricated and installed by one manufacturer namely B & C Awnings Inc and their subsidiaries to withstand loads in accord with local conditions codes and standards and will maintain performance criteria stated without defects, damage, or failure.
3. Engineering – Both Civil and Structural Engineering are excluded and only when provided for as an Addendum or as an Attachment to the CAD drawings will B & C provide Civil Engineering Calculations for the none structural Aluminum & Steel Awnings with Fabric Valance and Mounting Brackets(s), prepared by a Civil Engineer registered in the State of California. Structural Engineering is not available and is always excluded.
In proceeding to install this project B & C Awnings Inc rely that a fully licensed qualified Engineer and Architect designed the final units for weight and Seismic and loads. B & C take no responsibility and give no Warranty or Assurance as to the suitability safety, durability of the units other than those assurances contained in the attached B & C Warranty especially when any form of engineering is omitted.
Steel Framed Units with 22 Gauge Verco Panel HSB -36 High Shear B Deck Covers on Top Granit Green -Wash Color Below
A. B & C will Fabricate and provide Steel Framed Units with Verco Covers in lengths as shown on CAD Drawings with frames all mechanically assembled in the best possible manner with respect to strength, span ability and uniform appearance.
B. Frames shall be square at the areas indicated on drawings.
C. Included are all the necessary supports, anchorage, accessories and lifting equipment for complete assembly and installation.
Finish Protection: will be factory provided to safeguard damage from abrasion and scratches and field touch up performed to correct any deficiencies.
Frame Color to be selected
- Following various preparatory cleansing applications followed shop primed (Architect to specify) any specific further cleansing.
- 1.Following the above treatment the frames unit to be single coat Powder Coated Finish Color RAL Color to be selected by Architect
2 Metal Frame Finish color to be from Tiger Drylac 49 standard quality range
4 Protection-provide finish protection as appropriate and recommended by manufacturer
This service lays outside the scope of B & C Awnings Inc as in (3.00) and where required is provided by others and should be conducted in the absence of B & C representatives.
As a condition of issue and acceptance of these submissions B & C reserve the right to fabricate all the units under controlled conditions in B & C’s local or overseas factories Fabrication which includes Drilling, Welding, Bending Forming assembly and finishing B & C certify wherever shown will be performed or is necessary will be in accord and performed in accord with American applicable standards Heli Arc Gas welded if necessary or as indicated and flagged or omitted if not shown on the Shop Drawings. B & C Awnings Inc employ fully trained, skilled and Certified Welders with a minimum 3 years experience. Sequence Welding “is” employed to “minimize” distortion and heat stresses.
A- Only when shown is welding applied or continuous along the entire area of contact except where spot welding is shown. However, “Continuous Welding Inspection Certifications” during Fabrication or following installation which may require Ultrasound is expressly excluded from this project and will have additional cost impact if requested
Site Verification of Installation Conditions: As a condition of issue and acceptance of these submissions Contractor agrees to notify B & C when they have installed blocking in accord with B & C submittals. The exterior of the building must be completed sufficiently to permit B & C to install at which time B & C will visit the job site “once only” and field measure for the units which will be customized as per approved submissions. Blocking is specifically excluded from B & C’s scope of work. Aluminum Shade Structures Scheduling and City inspections or coordination’s are excluded. During field measure it is beyond the scope or ability of B & C to examine work by others or inspect the project, blocking/backing (which may be covered) and it is the responsibility of the Contractors Project Manager to ensure that blocking is correctly placed (as shop drawings illustrate) and work by others will not prevent B & C installers from proceeding. B & C Installers are instructed that where contractor fails to provide suitable conditions, backing as required or necessary work by others, B & C installers are to withdraw and await a change order for additional mobilization scheduled at B & C’s convenience with consequent additional cost impact.
Mill Certification and Recycle Content Certificates issuance is often subject to extensive delay. Such issues come from the Mill and are only available upon receipt of or actual purchase & delivery of the product to which the certificate pertains only when stated as a requirement in the Project Specifications or with progress payments will the laborious time consuming task of Mill Certification regarding material content become available, application for these certificates should be in writing and designate which component a certificate is require on